Wednesday, February 01, 2006


Why is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Is the question that many people around the world have been asking for centuries. Experts have come to the conclusion that the brain functions, and body fuel are the reason. So to test this theory over the past weekend I decided not to eat breakfast and just have a cup of Joe(that's coffee for the none hip). Generally I wake up about 5:30am, took care of personal hygiene and commenced with my regular activities. Around 12pm which is lunch time I must admit was feeling a bit sluggish, my head was hurting for some strange reason I wanted to lye down. The next morning which was Sunday I followed the same routine, my family and I attended church and if you've you've never been to a high powered or energetic service this Sunday was the one. After church I was exhausted I felt weak, aggravated, my focus was off. Monday began the next phase of my experiment, I started off with an egg and bacon omelet with a side of mouth watering grits. I was focused, and full of energy a few hours afterwards. After the two days of not eating and one day of breakfast gourmet it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why this meal is so important for some of us. Its just like that morning cup of coffee to start the day, "Something in the tummy makes the whole world funny".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home